Stewardship Saturday, the Way of the Steward, whatever you call it-it’s back! <smile> Yes, the contest is still going on. You have time to get your best stewardship tip entry in. Learn more here.
While Jesus is the only way…there are many ways to be good stewards with our scrapbooking supplies, time and money.
One great way is recycling. For today’s post, I’m actually going to recycle an old blog post from January of 2009. The layouts I already showcased as well, but today instead of focusing on the theme of the layout, I will be focusing on the stewarship aspect.
Stewardship tip: Simplicity!
Simply use what you already have. No altering, repurposing, etc. just use supplies you already have on hand.
For this layout, I used all supplies already on hand.
- The black and white photo is even something I had on hand waiting to use one day.
- Daisy Bucket has cut off strips with information about the paper, but the reverse side is a pattern, so I used it as one of my strips. (middle one)
- Their paper is also double-sided so I could use both sides and have more patterns available.
- The chipboard alphabet was originally white that I inked. (I know I said no altering)
- I used several punches on hand, some I haven’t used in awhile.
This second layout, I used scraps from the first layout. I believe I only used 3 sheets of paper for both layouts. (plus white and mint cardstock scraps)
- The top part is one sheet of patterned paper, while the bottom is a different sheet. I covered up the seam with a strip(scrap) of another sheet.
- Created my own journaling strips by printing out on white cardstock, cut into strips, inked and adhered.
- Again used punches and scraps to create embellishments.
- Nantucket Island kit by Daisy Bucket
- cross brad
- white/mint cardstock, chipboard alphabet, assorted punches, rhinestone brad, eyelets, ink
- Use only supplies you have on hand.
- Dust off a tool you haven’t used in awhile. (for me the cross punch on first layout)
- Use a tool you have never used. (for me the paper)
Now it is your turn! Can you simply create a layout using only supplies you have on hand? If so, I would love to see what you come up with. Upload to gallery, comment below or contact me.